Future Research Leaders
Wednesday, September 13, 2017 (as part of Poster Session II)
The NIH Future Research Leaders Conference (FRLC), sponsored by the Chief Officer for Scientific Workforce Diversity (COSWD), is an event held in conjunction with the NIH Research Festival to promote knowledge and awareness about scientific career opportunities in the NIH Intramural Research Program (IRP).
The FRLC will provide early-stage investigators from the extramural and intramural community and from diverse backgrounds with an opportunity to:
- Learn about the various scientific opportunities and benefits of establishing a research career within the NIH IRP;
- Meet and interact with NIH investigators and scientific leadership through individualized meetings and scientific presentations;
- Create a network and establish mentoring relationships between FRLC participants and current intramural researchers.
The two and a half day program will include the following activities:
- Information sessions on scientific career opportunities at NIH IRP
- Scientific presentations by FRLC participants (oral & poster presentations)
- One-on-one meetings with NIH scientific leaders and investigators
- Networking sessions
- Opportunities to participate in the NIH Research Festival
- Career development session (e.g., NIH grants process)
- Facilities tours